Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Jacek Grzebyta <gr...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/10 14:38:57 UTC

customised RESTful trigger

Hello,

I am a newbie in the Apache Flink environment. I found it is possible to
trigger a job using the MONITORING REST API. Is it possible to customise a
request to start a job with some parameters? From the bigger perspective I
would like to provide a large file URL into a Flink application to do a TFL
job.

For example after request:

/job?inputFile=s3://my-bucket/input/input-600m.json

Flink will start the FTL on an instance. Independently if the service will
receive another query:

/job?inputFile=s3://my-bucket/input/input-other2G.json

Flink would start the other processing on the other job instance.

I thought I could deploy the jar file with parameters but that would be
quite weird.
I have no idea how can I solve that without converting a REST request into
a stream event first which would be the simplest.

Regards,
Jacek

Re: customised RESTful trigger

Posted by Jacek Grzebyta <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

It doesn't in this context. it was my mistake. Sorry about that.

Posted by Lorenz Buehmann <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.