Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Stefan Simik <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/20 18:22:16 UTC

New site developed in wicket - WWW.FITCOMPLEX.SK

New site about health, nutrition, exercise and life
style<http://www.fitcomplex.sk/start>

We are using stateless pages for public interface, and stateful ajaxified
pages for admin interface.
Stateless ajax in public is developed using jquery + wicket.

The site is running on:

   - *Wicket *1.4rc2
   - *Web server*: Jetty 6.1.14  (with Apache front-end)
   - *Db*: mysql (ehcache + hibernate)
   - *OS*: Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron)

*Wicket performance* is very good - the slowest element is mysql database.
It's able to serve up to ~130 pages /sec on modern notebook (2Ghz Montevina,
5400 rpm, 3GB RAM).
On server we haven't tested, but it should be much more.

*Thanks to the community for patiently answering many questions and for all
the support.*

Štefan Šimík
www.fitcomplex.sk

Re: New site developed in wicket - WWW.FITCOMPLEX.SK

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
hehehe, nice spelling error I did :) Yeah could be cool if they
browsershots supported selenium scripts.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by Azzeddine Daddah <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dipu <di...@googlemail.com>.
Looks nice !, congrats

Posted by francisco treacy <fr...@gmail.com>.
Štefan,

I don't get a word of slovak, but it looks really neat. Congratulations!

Francisco

Posted by Stefan Simik <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to all for your response ;)

About stateless ajax in jquery + wicket:

JQUERY PART:
-------------------
$("#loadElementId").load( "/ajax-call/most-read-articles-panel" );

 -- Jquery function load(url) takes markup returned from the
"/ajax-call/most-read-articles-panel" a and loads it into the element
     with id "loadElementId"

WICKET PART
--------------------
Wicket has to return MARKUP on specified url, here:
"/ajax-call/most-read-articles-panel".
Processing url is simple and all about url-coding-strategies, the important
part here, is that this url return markup of rendered panel - panel with
most read articles in X days

How to render only one panel in wicket:
The simplest solution is to create web-page only for this purpose - it
renders and returns only one panel markup - response will be loaded by the
jquery load(..) function and replaced in HTML.

Problem here is that you can load rendered markup only - dynamic CSS and JS
contribution don't work,
so you have to put all the needed CSS / JS into the main page.

We have a little more automated wicket code - so it's possible to render any
panel under specified url on a few line of codes . The point of stateless
ajax is very simple - as described above ;)

PS: thanks for the notice of broken tabs - i checked it, and it should be
ok, because the site was running only the first day (20.4.2009), so the most
read articles in the tabs are really the same in the last 2 / 7 30 days -
because it was running only first day.

Wth regard
Stefan

Posted by Martin Grotzke <ma...@javakaffee.de>.