Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by SARA1232007 <cy...@foxmail.com> on 2009/03/10 04:12:50 UTC

Urgent: How to add WS Security on Muse

Hi,

Is there any suggestions of add WS Security, such as access control, msg
encryption and identity authentication, on Muse which is deployed on JBoss?
I guess Muse have provided a SOAP protocol stack upon http stack provided by
JBoss, then is there a way to realize SOAP msg handler to intercept SOAP msg
to insert security function into Muse running on JBoss?

Thanks a lot.

SARA

Re: Urgent: How to add WS Security on Muse

Posted by Chris Twiner <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MUSE-242 has done some work on
jaas integration for the access control side. Please search through
the list archives for discussion regarding WS-Sec.

In short Muse just uses DOM, so the isolation layer and SOAPClients
can take care of the actual WSS4J usage, there are likely existing
axis2 handlers for doing at least WS-Sec processing on the the
request/response side (if not on the notification side).

Official implementation would be for 2.3.0 but I couldn't give an
estimate on when that would occur, definitely not soon enough for
Urgent needs.

cheers,
Chris