Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2006/10/24 11:12:39 UTC

Re: Start Tab doesn't show the correct startup-page

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 14:28 +0200, grobmeier@possessed.de wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> i try to get quickly into forrest and i am playing around with the
> template project. At the moment i am a bit confused by the site.xml.
>
> <site label="MyProj" href=""
> xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="SecondTab">
>
> First, why do i have "href" in this template? As the documentation says,
> this is ignored.

Hmm, can you provide a link.

The href is normally the place where you define the new dir.

> Then i wonder what effect the label attribute has in this case.

I think it is because it is the "root" element, that is why it does not
have an effect.

> When i
> change "MyProj" to something else it seems nothing happens.
> Then i tried out to fill the "tab"-attribute. The tab is selected
> correctly. I have mapped this tab into the directory "dir2" but instead
> of opening localhost:8888/dir2/index.html it's opening
> localhost:8888/index.html.
> Do i have to point my "SecondTab" (which seems to be my home-tab now) to
> the root-folder?

Please try not with the site element but another. Taken from
http://criaturitas.org/ e.g.
<site label="CDK" href="" xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0"
tab="hom e">
  <news label="Club Deportivo Kriaturitas">
    <start label="Noticias" href="start.html" description="todo sobre
las ultima s noticias"/>
    <start label="Entrenamiento" href="entrenamiento.html"
description="todo sob re el entrenamiento"/>

> I am sorry to ask this simple questions, but i didn't find anything in
> the FAQ and in the TIPS section.

Try http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/linking.html

HTH

salu2

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Start Tab doesn't show the correct startup-page

Posted by "C. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.
>> <site label="MyProj" href=""
>> xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0" tab="SecondTab">
>>
>> First, why do i have "href" in this template? As the documentation says,
>> this is ignored.
>>

> Hmm, can you provide a link.
> The href is normally the place where you define the new dir.

Sorry, have nothing online. But if you make forrest seed and open the
site xml and change the value for tab into:
tab="samples" the "samples" rider goes activated, but still shows the
old startup page. I use 0.8-dev
> Try http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/linking.html

thanks, don't know why i didn't found it earlier. I would like to see a
Forrest Wiki, like many other Apache projects have :-)

Regards,
Chris