Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/01/12 15:29:30 UTC

Back in London

After a few months in the states, I'm now back in London. Anybody up for
a little hackaton one of these nights? I'm currently staying at Pier's
and Fede's.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: Back in London

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Sunday, Jan 12, 2003, at 14:29 Europe/London, Stefano Mazzocchi
wrote:

> After a few months in the states, I'm now back in London. Anybody up
> for a little hackaton one of these nights? I'm currently staying at
> Pier's and Fede's.

I don't think you will have a very stimulating 'deep code' conversation
with me ;)
But if you arrange to meet up with any locals, please let me know, I'll
join in.

regards Jeremy

Re: [OT] London Cocoon meet

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
> On 14/01/2003 17:03, "Andrew Savory" <an...@luminas.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Ok, looks like list lag got us ... I checked at 12:45 but hadn't got any
> > replies. So, let's try this: how about meeting up next Tuesday (21st) or
> > Wednesday (22nd), for either lunch or evening meal? (Send your preference
> > to the list, and we'll see if we can get consensus).
> 21st I can't do
> 22nd is good for me - 1pm or later if it's central.

I would be very interested, but so long as not a Wednesday lunch. Could do
Wednesday eve.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: [OT] London Cocoon meet (was Re: Back in London)

Posted by Upayavira <up...@fwbo.org>.
I should be able to make monday night.

Regards, Upayavira

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Thursday, Jan 16, 2003, at 01:43 Europe/London, Stefano Mazzocchi
wrote:

> Andrew Savory wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>> Anyway, I'm leaving for Italy on the 22nd and I can't change that.
>>> So,
>>> it's either monday night or tomorrow at lunch.
>> Yikes! Ok, let's make it Monday 20th night then. I'd suggest meeting
>> in a
>> fairly central pub from 6 (I'll trust Thom to suggest one!) and then
>> heading on for food at Satsuma or somewhere similar.
>
> +1

Me too!

Which pub?

regards Jeremy

Re: [OT] London Cocoon meet (was Re: Back in London)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by luke hubbard <lu...@rroom.net>.
On 17 Jan 2003 at 12:08, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> > Ok, slug and lettuce from about 6pm, probably downstairs near the pool
> > table. See http://www.slugandlettuce.co.uk/directions/soho.htm
>
> Great, thanks for picking it up Andrew :)
>
> See you people there.

Count me in too, see you there.  Luke

[OT] London Cocoon meet TONIGHT

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
Just a quick reminder ... an ideal opportunity to come and buy Stefano
some birthday beers ;-)

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Andrew Savory wrote:

> Ok, slug and lettuce from about 6pm, probably downstairs near the pool
> table. See http://www.slugandlettuce.co.uk/directions/soho.htm

(Followed by Satsuma, http://www.london-eating.co.uk/163.htm)

Andrew.

Re: [OT] London Cocoon meet (was Re: Back in London)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Thom May wrote:
>

>>+1 to date/time/food
>>-1 to me having to pick the bar, its someone else's turn ;-)
>

> Ok, slug and lettuce from about 6pm, probably downstairs near the pool
> table. See http://www.slugandlettuce.co.uk/directions/soho.htm

Great, thanks for picking it up Andrew :)

See you people there.

I'll try to bring both Pier and Fede with me :)

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.
* Andrew Savory (andrew@luminas.co.uk) wrote :
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I'm leaving for Italy on the 22nd and I can't change that. So,
> > it's either monday night or tomorrow at lunch.
>
> Yikes! Ok, let's make it Monday 20th night then. I'd suggest meeting in a
> fairly central pub from 6 (I'll trust Thom to suggest one!) and then
> heading on for food at Satsuma or somewhere similar.

+1 to date/time/food
-1 to me having to pick the bar, its someone else's turn ;-)

-Thom

Re: [OT] London Cocoon meet (was Re: Back in London)

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 14/1/03 6:05 pm, "Andrew Savory" <an...@luminas.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I'm leaving for Italy on the 22nd and I can't change that. So,
>> it's either monday night or tomorrow at lunch.
>
> Yikes! Ok, let's make it Monday 20th night then. I'd suggest meeting in a
> fairly central pub from 6 (I'll trust Thom to suggest one!) and then
> heading on for food at Satsuma or somewhere similar.

Satsuma's fine! :-)

    Pier

Re: [OT] London Cocoon meet (was Re: Back in London)

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Andrew Savory wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Thom May wrote:
>

>>Any objections to a not-really-cocoon (but I can bluff well)  apache-er tagging
>>along?
>>I'm good both days, whether lunch or evening... Evening is perhaps better
>>but not a big issue.
>

> Sounds good to me!

Sure, Thom, come along. In fact, my first request was copied at
party@apache.org but nobody replied from there.

Anyway, I'm leaving for Italy on the 22nd and I can't change that. So,
it's either monday night or tomorrow at lunch.

People, sorry for somehow abusing this list but not every cocoon lurker
is subscribed to party@apache.org (at least, I wouldn't think so)

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Thom May wrote:

> Any objections to a not-really-cocoon (but I can bluff well)  apache-er tagging
> along?
> I'm good both days, whether lunch or evening... Evening is perhaps better
> but not a big issue.

Sounds good to me!

Andrew.

Re: [OT] London Cocoon meet (was Re: Back in London)

Posted by Mark Leicester <ma...@metering.co.nz>.

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Mark Leicester wrote:

> On 14/01/2003 15:11, "Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > luke hubbard wrote:
> >> On 13 Jan 2003 at 23:45, Andrew Savory wrote:
> >> I'm always up for lunch :)
> >> Name the place and I'll meet you there.
> >
> > I'll be there as well. Andrew, is David going to be with you? Jeremy and
> > other london people: want to join us for the first even cocoon
> > lunch-time gettogether (hey, we are breaking new grounds.... ) ah, no,
> > wait, Andrew, David and I met for lunch with Diana in Boston ... but
> > that wasn't an official gettogether...
> >
> > oh, well...
> Are we talking about 1pm Wednesday? If so - I'll be in, where?

Ok, looks like list lag got us ... I checked at 12:45 but hadn't got any
replies. So, let's try this: how about meeting up next Tuesday (21st) or
Wednesday (22nd), for either lunch or evening meal? (Send your preference
to the list, and we'll see if we can get consensus).

I'd suggest a meeting the following month down in Brighton?

Andrew.

Re: Back in London

Posted by Mark Leicester <ma...@metering.co.nz>.
On 14/01/2003 15:11, "Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> luke hubbard wrote:
>> On 13 Jan 2003 at 23:45, Andrew Savory wrote:
>> I'm always up for lunch :)
>> Name the place and I'll meet you there.
>
> I'll be there as well. Andrew, is David going to be with you? Jeremy and
> other london people: want to join us for the first even cocoon
> lunch-time gettogether (hey, we are breaking new grounds.... ) ah, no,
> wait, Andrew, David and I met for lunch with Diana in Boston ... but
> that wasn't an official gettogether...
>
> oh, well...
Are we talking about 1pm Wednesday? If so - I'll be in, where?
Mark.

Re: Back in London

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003, at 15:11 Europe/London, Stefano Mazzocchi
wrote:

> luke hubbard wrote:

>>> Not a hackathon, but I'm in London tomorrow on business ... anyone
>>> want to
>>> meet up for lunch? 1pm or thereabouts, in the Waterloo area?
>>>
>>  I'm always up for lunch :) Name the place and I'll meet you there.
>
> I'll be there as well. Andrew, is David going to be with you? Jeremy
> and other london people: want to join us for the first even cocoon
> lunch-time gettogether (hey, we are breaking new grounds.... ) ah, no,
> wait, Andrew, David and I met for lunch with Diana in Boston ... but
> that wasn't an official gettogether...

what *day* are you all talking about ? ;)

regards Jeremy ( Quinn )

Re: Back in London

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: Back in London

Posted by Jeremy Aston <je...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I'd love to meet up with fellow Cocooners, esp
Stefano, but am not in London and cannot make an
excuse to come up as my missus is about to drop a baby
any day soon.  Fancy a train trip down to the seaside
and broken pier at Brighton?  (<1hr from London
Victoria)

Rgds

Jeremy

 --- luke hubbard <lu...@rroom.net> wrote: > On 13 Jan

Re: Back in London

Posted by luke hubbard <lu...@rroom.net>.

Re: Back in London

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.

Re: Back in London

Posted by luke hubbard <lu...@rroom.net>.
On 12 Jan 2003 at 14:29, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Anybody up for a little hackaton one of these nights?

Sure am, would love to meet up with fellow cocooners in london.
Any ideas as to where and when?

Luke Hubbard