Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID> on 2022/11/23 12:52:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Pulsar Python Client 3.0.0

Hi all,

It has been about 2 months since the official Python client was moved
out of the main repo. I'm going to release the first Python client
release after that.

There are some efforts for the easy usage of the Python client, the
most exciting news is that now it supports Windows after #23 [1].
However, the packaging is still a problem that we have to package an
extra DLL of Boost.Python. Fortunately, after #54 is merged, no DLLs
will be needed because Boost.Python will be removed.

It's time to have a formal release of the Python client now. I'm going
to release Python client 3.0.0. But it still depends on the C++ client
3.1.0, which will have the Windows artifacts released.

[1] https://github.com/apache/pulsar-client-python/pull/23
[2] https://github.com/apache/pulsar-client-python/pull/54

Thanks,
Yunze

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Pulsar Python Client 3.0.0

Posted by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.
FYI, I will start the Python release this week since the C++ 3.1.0
release is out.

Thanks,
Yunze

Posted by Haiting Jiang <ji...@gmail.com>.