Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Lu <ML...@7thonline.com> on 2005/05/02 17:45:05 UTC

[users@httpd] RE: question about timestamp in access.log

Thanks for the response.  That's what I think.  But why does the out of
order entry happens in 4-5 mins late everytime?  If the out of order is
because of multi-threading, it shouldn't appear so late and cause the
EOFException in the Tomcat end.

Michael

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 5/2/05, Michael Lu <ML...@7thonline.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  That's what I think.  But why does the out of
> order entry happens in 4-5 mins late everytime?  If the out of order is
> because of multi-threading, it shouldn't appear so late and cause the
> EOFException in the Tomcat end.

Apache records the time the request was received.  Tomcat then tries
to handle the request, but for some reason doesn't return anything
during the 5 minute period that apache is willing to wait (according
to the Timeout directive).  So apache returns an error, and logs the
request with the 5-minute-old request time.

Joshua.