Posted to users@maven.apache.org by project member <le...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/14 13:40:14 UTC

"maven jar" gives error

i read the documents on apache site about maven installation, and have installed maven. now when i come to Integrating it with my project i am confused. could anyone please tell me how do i go about ????

i don't know what to write in project.xml and maven.xml and where to put them. when i give the command " maven jar " at command prompt it gives error.

" Plugin 'maven-deploy-plugin' in project 'null' is not available "

so i downloaded 'maven-deploy-plugin' but then it started giving error :

" Tag library requested that is not present: 'maven' in plugin: 'maven-jar-plugin-1.6'
File...... C:\Documents and Settings\vrishalib\.maven\cache\maven-jar-plugin-1.6\plugin.jelly
Element... ant:fail
Line...... 42
Column.... 17
Must remove the deploy plugin to use this version of the jar plugin.
        Please delete maven-deploy-plugin-1.1.jar from
        E:\software\Maven_1.0/plugins and C:\Documents and Settings\vrishalib/.maven/plugins (if it exists) "

so i had to remove 'maven-deploy-plugin' .

Re: "maven jar" gives error

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
" Plugin 'maven-deploy-plugin' in project 'null' is not available "

is erroneous, ignore it

Re: "maven jar" gives error

Posted by Michael Gaffney <mi...@gmail.com>.