Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ajay Pawar <Aj...@kpitcummins.com> on 2013/04/23 08:50:57 UTC

SVN error while committing

Hi Team,

I am facing a the below error while commiting.

Please help me ASAP.

Commit failed (details follow) :
Server sent unexpected return value (423 locked) in response to DELETE request
For'/svn/ORXXXX/!svn/wrk/process/xyz.xls'

Regrads,
Ajay Pawar

Re: SVN error while committing

Posted by Pavel Lyalyakin <pa...@visualsvn.com>.
Hello Ajay,

> Earlier I was facing following issue Can’t parse lock/entries hash file
> E:\Repositories\ORXXXX\db\locks\308\sdfiocvyywt59vxherh
>
>  and from the mailing list I found a resolution to delete the below file.

What solution? What file have you removed? I hope that the repository
you work on has a backup at least.

> Once I had done that I came up with a new error that I posted earlier.
>
> When I am trying to look at Path from Repo Browser I see the same error in
> repo browser also.

What error do you see? What do you do to reproduce the error? What's
logged to server log then?

> When I try for Check for modifications command from Tortoise SVN I am not
> able to see and locked files in the list.

Is it the same repository that is mentioned in the other thread about
"Could not open the requested SVN file system" error? I.e. are these
issues related?

It looks like you are performing some repository maintenance with a
crowbar instead of a screwdriver (metaphorically) and it's totally
unclear what you did, what errors you get, when you get these errors,
when you *started* to get these errors, what's logged to server log
etc. A step-by-step description of your actions would also help us to
help you.

Thank you.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin

RE: SVN error while committing

Posted by Ajay Pawar <Aj...@kpitcummins.com>.
Hi Andy,

Earlier I was facing following issue Can't parse lock/entries hash file E:\Repositories\ORXXXX\db\locks\308\sdfiocvyywt59vxherh
 and from the mailing list I found a resolution to delete the below file.

Once I had done that I came up with a new error that I posted earlier.

When I am trying to look at Path from Repo Browser I see the same error in repo browser also.
When I try for Check for modifications command from Tortoise SVN I am not able to see and locked files in the list.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ajay Pawar
SVN Helpdesk

> I am facing a the below error while commiting.
>

> Please help me ASAP.
>

> Commit failed (details follow) :
>
> Server sent unexpected return value (423 locked) in response to DELETE request
>
> For'/svn/ORXXXX/!svn/wrk/process/xyz.xls'

Someone (possibly even you) has the file locked in their working copy. This is normal & the server is telling you to find that person & talk to them before you delete something they need.

Re: SVN error while committing

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.