Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/26 19:39:25 UTC

mulitpage form in struts

Hi
Is there example for handling multipage form, which
handles validation on each page, and handle
forward-backward navigation buttons.

Ashish

Re: mulitpage form in struts

Posted by dmu2201 <dm...@mail.ikasths.dk>.
Ashish Kulkarni wrote:

>Hi
>Is there example for handling multipage form, which
>handles validation on each page, and handle
>forward-backward navigation buttons.
>
>Ashish

Hi Ashish

Could you ellaborate what you mean? The way I'm understandig this is
that you have severeal pages with a form on each of them, and you would
like to handle the forward-backward buttons, where someone would push
back and answer the same form again, am I right?!

Well, then the answer must be no, there are no one that have solved this
problem for you, yet, but it can be done! I have just developed an
application where I had to handle the back button. The way I did it was
to use a hidden field on the form, plus using an ID in the session
object. Whenever someone submitted the form I'm checking to see if the
ID from the form is the same as the ID from in the session object. If
not then I would in the same instance know what form was submitted,
handle that, and forward the user to the next form.

I'm not sure that this is what you are looking for, but it is a start...

Claus