Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 16:58:26 UTC

Providing a file instead of a directory to a M/R job

In MRv2 or Yarn is it possible to provide a complete path to a file instead
of a directory to a mapreduce job?

Usually we provide a list of directory paths by using
FileInputFormat.addInputPath. Can we provide a path which is a full path to
an actually file? I have tried it but getting unexpected permission errors.

Thanks.

Re: Providing a file instead of a directory to a M/R job

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
That is what I thought so too but when I give the parent directory as the
input path of that same file, it works. Perhaps I am messing something up.
I am suing cloudera 4.6 btw.

Meanwhile I have noticed that I can read files directly by using
MultileInputs and that works fine.

Regards,
Shahab

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.