Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2003/10/10 10:13:04 UTC

FYI: DocSynch as a collaborative editing tool?

Just found out about it at
   http://placebo.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/~alexklim/#docsynch
and
   http://trieloff.dyndns.org/archive/000427.html

It is a JEdit plugin and uses IRC (and DCC - what's this?) to exchange
data, so we wouldn't need additional communications tech or service
registrations.

I have to run to bread-and-butter work and won't be able to test it
soon, but if someone wants to try, keep us posted!

-Bertrand

Re: FYI: DocSynch as a collaborative editing tool?

Posted by Michael Melhem <mi...@managesoft.com>.
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:13:04AM +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Just found out about it at
>   http://placebo.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/~alexklim/#docsynch
> and
>   http://trieloff.dyndns.org/archive/000427.html
>
> It is a JEdit plugin and uses IRC (and DCC - what's this?) to exchange
> data, so we wouldn't need additional communications tech or service
> registrations.

DCC stands for Direct Client Communication, allowing you to bypass the
irc server. its used for sending and recieving files between users.

Michael

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Just found out about it at
>   http://placebo.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/~alexklim/#docsynch
> and
>   http://trieloff.dyndns.org/archive/000427.html
>
> It is a JEdit plugin and uses IRC (and DCC - what's this?) to exchange
> data, so we wouldn't need additional communications tech or service
> registrations.

Wow, looks cool! And an Eclipse plugin is planned also!

Sylvain