Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Mercy <me...@apache.org> on 2019/01/21 03:53:11 UTC

[VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2

Hello all,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project
(Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2.

The Apache Dubbo community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache Dubbo™ (incubating) is a high-performance, java based, open source
RPC framework. Dubbo offers three key functionalities, which include
interface based remote call, fault tolerance & load balancing, and
automatic service registration & discovery.

Dubbo community vote and result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e86b324bf3c8c606cb609560a1c4693669a734197e8e4ea95efbd194@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E

The release candidates (RC2):
0.2.1:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/spring-boot-project/0.2.1/
0.1.2:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/spring-boot-project/0.1.2/

Git tag for the release(RC2):
0.2.1:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/tree/0.2.1-release
0.1.2:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/tree/0.1.2-release

Hash for the release tag:
0.2.1: 79e9fa899b74324a8e83d00aac10e3d899b8c3f8
0.1.2: cb66ba32400986609f9e00b0d160173e7b2f55d2

Release Notes:
0.2.1:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/releases/tag/0.2.1
0.1.2:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/releases/tag/0.1.2

The artifacts have been signed with Key: A7F508EFDA68B4F5, which can be
found in the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary
number of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo (Incubating) Team

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding.

I checked both 0.2.1 and 0.1.2 release:

- incubating in name
- disclaimer exist
- NOTICE and LICENSE
- sha512 checksum ok
- signatures are good.
- UT passed on Java 8
- META-INF directory contains NOTICE and LICENSE files in binary release.
- Compared source release zip file and git tag 0.2.1, only the
following files are different (in git tag 0.2.1 but not in source
release):
.git
.gitignore
.mvn
mvnw
mvnw.cmd

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 11:53 AM Mercy <me...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2.
>
> The Apache Dubbo community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
> Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2.
>
> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
> incubator release.
>
> Apache Dubbo™ (incubating) is a high-performance, java based, open source
> RPC framework. Dubbo offers three key functionalities, which include
> interface based remote call, fault tolerance & load balancing, and
> automatic service registration & discovery.
>
> Dubbo community vote and result thread:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e86b324bf3c8c606cb609560a1c4693669a734197e8e4ea95efbd194@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E
>

> The release candidates (RC2):
> 0.2.1: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/spring-boot-project/0.2.1/
> 0.1.2: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/spring-boot-project/0.1.2/
>
> Git tag for the release (RC2):
> 0.2.1: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/tree/0.2.1-release
> 0.1.2: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/tree/0.1.2-release
>
> Hash for the release tag:
> 0.2.1: 79e9fa899b74324a8e83d00aac10e3d899b8c3f8
> 0.1.2: cb66ba32400986609f9e00b0d160173e7b2f55d2
>
> Release Notes:
> 0.2.1: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/releases/tag/0.2.1
> 0.1.2: https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project/releases/tag/0.1.2
>
> The artifacts have been signed with Key: A7F508EFDA68B4F5, which can be found in the keys file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/dubbo/KEYS
>
> The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number of votes are reached.
>
> Please vote accordingly:
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
>
> Thanks,
> The Apache Dubbo (Incubating) Team

Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2

Posted by Mercy <me...@apache.org>.
We’ve received 3 +1 binding votes: +1 binding, Von Gosling +1 binding,
Willem Jiang +1 binding, Justin Mclean I will deploy Dubbo Spring Boot
0.2.1 and 0.1.2 into the Maven central repository. Best regards, The

On 2019/01/26 00:54:30, Willem Jiang <w....@gmail.com> wrote:
 > +1 (binding)>
 >
 > I checked:>
 > - incubating in name>
 > - signatures and hashes good>
 > - DISCLAIMER exists>
 > - LICENSE is OK>
 > - Compile the source code without any error.>
 > - NOTICE need to be fix in next release>
 >
 > As Dubbo 2.7.0 is ready, I think we need to do the pack named release
ASAP.>

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE all correct
- NOTICE doesn’t need Netty mentioned (please fix in next release)
- No unexpected binary in releases
- All source files have ASF headers
- Can compile from source

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2

Posted by Mercy <me...@apache.org>.
Actually, incubator-dubbo-spring-boot-project does not use Netty project
source and keeps the dependecies are optional.

However, I saw
http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product, and
referenced the dubbo's LICENSE file, thus some declarations were added
in license, and will be removed in the next version.

I'd like to continue the vote, thanks to the mentors!

Kind regards,

Mercy Ma

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by vongosling <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding.

I checked:
- incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exits
- LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
- Al source file have ASF headers
- No unexpected binary files
- Can compile from source

BTW, some minor problems of the dependency coordinate have been clarified,
hope to update in the next version :-)

Thanks,
Von Gosling

Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> 于2019年1月24日周四 下午3:55写道:

Nothing is impossible

Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo Spring Boot Project (Incubating) 0.2.1 and 0.1.2

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi community,