Posted to user@struts.apache.org by santas <be...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/11/13 11:37:26 UTC

Problem while using

hi,

I am having one problem while trying to use <logic:iterate> tag inmy jsp

i am using it as follows:-
<logic:iterate id ="listvo" name="users">
		<bean:write  name="listvo" property="firstname"/>
</logic:iterate>

what i am doing is setting one ArrayList in request scope and in that
arraylist i am adding one object of
a class "uservo" in which there are some properties like:-firstname,lastname
etc of user

what i am getting error is that:--
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find bean: "listvo" in any scope

Please give me any possible solutions
thank you.

Re: Problem while using

Posted by santas <be...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thank You All

for your great support,help and valueable time
finally it is working now, today i learned a lot from you all about
<logic:iterate> tag

Thank You once again

Re: Problem while using

Posted by Eider Iturbe <ei...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Instead of using

ArrayList uservoList = new ArrayList();
request.setAttribute("listvo",uservoList);
you have to use this:

 *java.util.Collection* uservoList = new ArrayList();

Re: Problem while using

Posted by Puneet Lakhina <pu...@gmail.com>.
On 11/13/06, Eider Iturbe <ei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You mustn´t add an ArrayList in request scope, you have to add a
> Collection
> of objects of the class "uservo" .

Dont really know what you are trying to say. An arraylist would be a
collection of uservo.

ArrayList uservoList = new ArrayList();
//populate list something like uservoList.add(new Uservo());
request.setAttribute("listvo",uservoList);

Thats it. Im all set to use an ArrayList i set in request scope.

<logic:iterate id="uservo" name="listvo">
<!--Some Processing-->
</logic:iterate>

> Eider
>

> On 11/13/06, santas <be...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> >

> > HI
> >
> > i tried what u said but stil the same error is shown to me
> > i have set the list with key "users"
> > then i first check
> > <logic:present name="users">
> >   <th></th>
> >    <th></th>
> >      <logic:iterate id="listvo" name="users" type=" com.user.uservo">
> >     <bean:write name="listvo" property="firstname"/>
> >     <bean:write name="listvo" property="lastname"/>
> > </logic:present>
> >

> > and  again i got same error
> > is there any other solution to this
> >

> > Sunita Ramchandra Shukla wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > > Try this .
> > > <logic:iterate id="listvo" name="userList" type="com.user.UserModel">
> > > Here name attribute should be what you have set the key in request and
> > > specify the location of your class in type w.r.t web application.
> > > Rest is fine.
> > > It should work.

Puneet

Re: Problem while using

Posted by Eider Iturbe <ei...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

RE: Problem while using

Posted by santas <be...@yahoo.co.in>.
i added one following code to my jsp

<%

	ArrayList list= (ArrayList)request.getAttribute("users");
	System.out.println("the size of the arraylist is:--"+list.size());
	Iterator it= list.iterator();
	while(it.hasNext())
	{
		uservo vo= (uservo)it.next();
		System.out.println("username is:--"+vo.getUsername());
	}
%>

here it is giving me correct usernames from List-->uservo
that means list is set in request correctly
and i am able to use "uservo" object in that list but the problem is not
solved

Re: Problem while using

Posted by Nuwan Chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>.
try to use the scope attribute of the iterator tag and see,

eg:

<logic:iterate id="listvo" name="users" type="com.user.uservo"
scope="request">

<logic:iterate id="listvo" name="users" type="com.user.uservo"
scope="session">

Thanks,

Nuwan.

RE: Problem while using