Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by rangareddym <ra...@criticalpath.net> on 2003/10/13 18:46:25 UTC

[users@httpd] LoadModule Error in Apache-2.0.47

Hi All,

I need your precious help on configuring apache with third party modules.

I have third party DSO file written for Apache-1.3.28 version. I want to
Upgrade Http server to Apache-2.0.47.

LoadModule is causing

Error ap_alloc:Symbol not found.

I think I have to recompile my third party module with Apache-2.0.47.Does I
need to change an API calls or library references in My DSO module code.

Please let me know  the major changes I need to do for recompiling my module
code?

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Ranga

Re: [users@httpd] LoadModule Error in Apache-2.0.47

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
rangareddym wrote:
> Then, I need to look onto porting work!

Yes, the module API for Apache 2.0 is very different. Some pointers if you
shall give it a shot:

Developer Document for Apach 2.0:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/

Specifically, Converting Modules from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.0:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/developer/modules.html

Also, take a good time studying modules/experimental/mod_example.c

If you need help, the most appropriate list is here:
http://modules.apache.org/subscribe

Regards,
Robert Andersson

RE: [users@httpd] LoadModule Error in Apache-2.0.47

Posted by rangareddym <ra...@criticalpath.net>.
Hi Brain,
Then, I need to look onto porting work!

Thank you very much...

Regards,
Ranga

> I need your precious help on configuring apache with third party
> modules.
>
> I have third party DSO file written for Apache-1.3.28 version. I want
> to Upgrade Http server to Apache-2.0.47.
>
> LoadModule is causing
>
> Error ap_alloc:Symbol not found.
>
> I think I have to recompile my third party module with
> Apache-2.0.47.Does I need to change an API calls or library references
> in My DSO module code.
>
> Please let me know  the major changes I need to do for recompiling my
> module code?

I don't know for certain but I'm pretty sure you can't just recompile a
module designed for 1.x -> 2.x.  The underlying API is completely
different and the module has to be rewritten or ported.  I don't know
any details of this, though.

Brian

Re: [users@httpd] LoadModule Error in Apache-2.0.47

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.