Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Krzysztof Dębski <kd...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/20 13:48:38 UTC

Reporting security vulnerability in Solr

Hi,

What is the right way to report a security vulnerability in Solr?

A few days ago I created two issues:

I chose Security Level: Private (Security Issue) and added "security" label.

Do I need to do anything else to report a security issue?

Regards,
Krzysztof

Re: Reporting security vulnerability in Solr

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Krzysztof,
There is some information on the past CVEs and dependency issues in
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrSecurity. For reporting, creating a
private Jira is good, or following the guidelines here:
https://www.apache.org/security/ (email security@apache.org or
security@lucene.apache.org)

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.