Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/11/05 15:26:13 UTC

Re: jar conflict causing java.lang.VerifyError

Hi,

There's no release of Xerces which has both of those classes. Looks like
you have copies of Xerces-J 1.x and 2.x on your classpath so it wouldn't
surprise me if you ran into compatibility problems. Try replacing whatever
jars you're using with the latest release [1].

Thanks.

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/download.cgi

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

bhodig <br...@dig.com> wrote on 11/02/2007 05:02:21 PM:

> Hi, I am using xerces.jar and xerces-export.jar together which is causing
the
> following exception:
>
> java.lang.VerifyError: (class: [my class name here], method:
executeService