Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> on 2010/08/31 18:11:41 UTC

missing part folder - how to debug?

 Hello,

We are using Hadoop to make Solr index. We are using SOLR-1301
that was first contributed by Andrzej:

It works great on testing environment, 4 servers.
Today, we run it on production environment, 320 servers.
We run 5120 reducers (16 per server). This results 5120 indexes
i.e. part-XXXXX folders should be created. But about 20 part
folders were missing, and Hadoop didn't produce any error logs.
How can we investigate/debug this problem?

Any pointers, experiences would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Koji

--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

Re: missing part folder - how to debug?

Posted by Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Adding Solr user list.

We used similar approach to the one in this patch but with Hadoop Streaming.
Did you determine that indices are really missing? I mean did you find
missing documents in the output indices?

Alex Baranau
----
Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Nutch - HBase

Posted by Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com>.