Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Jakob Stengård <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/02 13:51:04 UTC

Tez

Hi
Will kylin suport hive+tez in v0.7.x?

I've tried using tez with hive, but currently the cube build fails with
"Can't get cube source record size", because kylin expects certain console
output from map-reduce, and tez doesn't print this.

BG.
Jakob Stengard

Re: Tez

Posted by "Shi, Shaofeng" <sh...@ebay.com>.
From 0.7.1 Kylin support tables from non-default database, it strictly
require the table name in cube definition be <db_name>.<table_name>; If
your table is in default database, please append “default.” ahead of the
table name.

I assume you’re upgrading from 0.6.x to 0.7.1; The metadata or say cubes
created in 0.6.x couldn’t be parsed correctly in 0.7.1; We suggest you
re-create the cubes; You can drop the old metadata table
“kylin_metadata_qa" in hbase or rename it to another name, so Kylin will
not load the old data anymore; Kylin will automatically create the htable
if it doesn’t exist;

Re: Tez

Posted by Jakob Stengård <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tez