Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/05/08 07:37:55 UTC

Re: Clean Slate

Hi All,

Would we agree on loadAllData?

I also would like to replace shutdown by stop (we have start, so stop), agreed?

Jacques

Re: Clean Slate

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 08/05/2017 à 12:16, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
> inline
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 08/05/2017 à 10:20, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>>
>>> I don't think we need to repeat ourselves. The discussion in this thread
>>> already mentioned names to replace loadDefault
>>>
>> So I understand that loadAllData, which is quite clear, is OK to replace
>> loadDefault
>>
> The only one who proposed loadAllData is you

I'll propose an user vote (more a survey, it's a trivial change) on each proposed names

>> As for shutdown, this is again repeating a discussion that was had a while
>>> ago and shows in detail why it was not _replaced_
>>>
>> Please do you have a reference I can't find nor remember an explanation :/
>> Maybe few words again would be easier?
>>
> "shutdown" is a server command (probably since the beginning of the
> project), "stop" was an ant target. We discussed in the ML and JIRA
> multiple times that we should reduce the amount of tasks to a minimum and
> instead let users control the system directly by issuing server commands.
> The server commands are --start --shutdown --load-data --test --portoffset
> and --help
>
> I don't have a problem in renaming --shutdown to --stop as a server
> command.

That's only what I suggest

Thanks for your explanation

Jacques

Re: Clean Slate

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
inline

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> Le 08/05/2017 à 10:20, Taher Alkhateeb a écrit :
>
>> I don't think we need to repeat ourselves. The discussion in this thread
>> already mentioned names to replace loadDefault
>>

> So I understand that loadAllData, which is quite clear, is OK to replace
> loadDefault

The only one who proposed loadAllData is you

> As for shutdown, this is again repeating a discussion that was had a while
>> ago and shows in detail why it was not _replaced_
>>
> Please do you have a reference I can't find nor remember an explanation :/
> Maybe few words again would be easier?

"shutdown" is a server command (probably since the beginning of the
project), "stop" was an ant target. We discussed in the ML and JIRA
multiple times that we should reduce the amount of tasks to a minimum and
instead let users control the system directly by issuing server commands.
The server commands are --start --shutdown --load-data --test --portoffset
and --help

I don't have a problem in renaming --shutdown to --stop as a server
command. The problem is in adding new shortcut tasks in gradle because you

Re: Clean Slate

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Clean Slate

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.