Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Hulst <ph...@triporama.com> on 2004/11/23 20:30:49 UTC

how to use global assets accessible by all components?

Sorry if this is a basic question but the answer does not seem obvious to me.

I have a number of image buttons that are used by multiple components in
multiple pages of my applications.

I obviously do not want to copy and paste the same context-assets to all
pages that use these icons, but what is the proper way to make these assets
available to all pages?

I tried to put them in my border component definition but that doesn't
work. I suppose I can make them accessible from my base page in some way
but there has got to be a way to do this without having to write code?

any suggestions appreciated,
Peter

Re: how to use global assets accessible by all components?

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.
There is already  a solution to your problem in the
archive. Here is the link.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.tapestry.user/6935/match=global+assets

Shing

--- Peter Hulst <ph...@triporama.com> wrote:
> Sorry if this is a basic question but the answer
> does not seem obvious to me.
>
> I have a number of image buttons that are used by
> multiple components in
> multiple pages of my applications.
>
> I obviously do not want to copy and paste the same
> context-assets to all
> pages that use these icons, but what is the proper
> way to make these assets
> available to all pages?
>
> I tried to put them in my border component
> definition but that doesn't
> work. I suppose I can make them accessible from my
> base page in some way
> but there has got to be a way to do this without
> having to write code?
>
> any suggestions appreciated,
> Peter

> For additional commands, e-mail: