Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Patrick Sherrill <pa...@coconet.com> on 2006/11/17 16:39:40 UTC

email appears to que all the time - sendmail,spamssassin,amavis-new

I seem to be getting significant delays in delivery (queue times are set to
15m). I am currently using amavis-new to hook SA with sendmail (tx and rx
queue).   What would be the best approach to minimizing delays beyond more
RAM.
TIA
Pat...
patrick@coconet.com
CocoNet Corporation
SW Florida's First ISP
825 SE 47th Terrace
Cape Coral, FL 33904
(239) 540-2626 Voice

Re: email appears to que all the time - sendmail,spamssassin,amavis-new

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.
Patrick Sherrill wrote:
> I seem to be getting significant delays in delivery (queue times are set
> to 15m). I am currently using amavis-new to hook SA with sendmail (tx
> and rx queue).   What would be the best approach to minimizing delays
> beyond more RAM.

Reject more messages with (good) DNSBLs and/or (selective) greylisting before they get to amavis.