Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris <cp...@earthlink.net> on 2007/03/10 04:43:59 UTC

ezmlm warning

Found this in my inbox this evening, is this just a burp on earthlink's end?

users@spamassassin.apache.org mailing list.

Messages to you from the users mailing list seem to
message I received.

I will remove your address from the users mailing list,
without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the users mailing list have
bounced from your address.

send a short message to:
   <us...@spamassassin.apache.org>

send a short message to:
   <us...@spamassassin.apache.org>

Here are the message numbers:

   55952

Date: 25 Feb 2007 19:35:54 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@apache.org
To: users-return-55952-@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.

<cp...@earthlink.net>:
209.86.93.228 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 cpollock@earthlink.net...Due to extended inactivity new
mail is not currently being accepted for this mailbox.
Giving up on 209.86.93.228.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: ezmlm warning

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 07:43 PM 3/9/2007, Chris wrote:
>Found this in my inbox this evening, is this just a burp on earthlink's end?

<SNIP>
Due to extended inactivity new
mail is not currently being accepted for this mailbox.

I'd certainly call up earthlink. Who knows what other mail they're bouncing.

RE: ezmlm warning

Posted by Tim Boyer <ti...@denmantire.com>.

> Found this in my inbox this evening, is this just a burp on
> earthlink's end?

Chris -

I strongly suspect that Earthlink has begun to do some strange anti-spam
stuff - and don't quite have the bugs worked out.  We got this this morning,
for the first time ever:

... while talking to mx1.earthlink.net.:
>>> MAIL From:<la...@denmantire.com> SIZE=6052
<<< 550 550 Dynamic/zombied/spam IPs blocked. Write
blockedbyearthlink@abuse.earthlink.net
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

and we're on a T1, with rDNS for everything, and not on any of the dnsbl
lists.  They delisted us within a few hours.  Better give them a call...

--
Tim Boyer
Director

Re: ezmlm warning

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Remote host said: 550 cpollock@earthlink.net...Due to extended inactivity
> new
> mail is not currently being accepted for this mailbox.

Dirtlink has been doing this randomly for a month or more now.  I've had
bunches of complaints that people can't send me mail because of 'due to
extended inactivity".

I tried sending the dirtlink admin account some earthlink phish the other
week so they could shut down the sites, and had it bounced back because the
admin account "due to extended inactivity".

        Loren