Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Sascha Hunold <sa...@gmx.de> on 2005/03/24 11:57:46 UTC

BXE + xhtml.rng

Hi,

since xhtml-basic.rng was too restrictive we changed
    <include href="xhtml/xhtml-basic.rng">
    <include href="xhtml/xhtml.rng">
in
    schemas/homepage.rng and  schemas/xhtml.rng.

And it actually does allow us to insert tags such as <iframe>. The
validation after editing with the source editor works correctly.
However, we noticed that BXE suddenly accepts everything. Even fantasy
tags which are not part of the xhtml-schema are accepted.
This happens with either version of BXE (1.0 and 1.1).

We definitly need a correctly validating BXE. Can anybody help us out?

Cheers

Sascha

Re: BXE + xhtml.rng

Posted by Sascha Hunold <sa...@gmx.de>.
Christian Stocker wrote:

>If you can pinpoint more exactly, what and where it goes wrong, maybe we
>can help out.. But as I said, xhtml/xhtml.rng is horrible to debug ...

ok, to make it short: BXE does not seem to validate at all.
I can insert random tags like "<foo />" and they get accepted and saved.
I don't think it is caused by xhtml.rng in the first place because the
validation after saving the document in the source editor works properly.

Sascha

Re: BXE + xhtml.rng

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

On 24.3.2005 11:57 Uhr, Sascha Hunold wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since xhtml-basic.rng was too restrictive we changed
>     <include href="xhtml/xhtml-basic.rng">
>     <include href="xhtml/xhtml.rng">
> in
>     schemas/homepage.rng and  schemas/xhtml.rng.

xhtml.rng is quite a beast ;)

> And it actually does allow us to insert tags such as <iframe>. The
> validation after editing with the source editor works correctly.
> However, we noticed that BXE suddenly accepts everything. Even fantasy
> tags which are not part of the xhtml-schema are accepted.
> This happens with either version of BXE (1.0 and 1.1).
>
> We definitly need a correctly validating BXE. Can anybody help us out?

If you can pinpoint more exactly, what and where it goes wrong, maybe we
can help out.. But as I said, xhtml/xhtml.rng is horrible to debug ...

chregu

> Cheers
>
> Sascha

christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71
http://www.bitflux.ch  |  chregu@bitflux.ch  |  gnupg-keyid 0x5CE1DECB