Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Samara, Fadi N Mr ACSIM/ASPEX" <Fa...@hqda.army.mil> on 2005/04/13 16:15:26 UTC

RE: Tomcat memory alert (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I suspect this might be an OS level issue.  If you are behind Active
directory, I for sure know you can do it.
What OS are you running ?  I am not sure if you can specify such parameter
in tomcat

Fadi

Posted by farhad <fc...@comcast.net>.
You can add these two options to your VM and monitor /tmp/gcOutput log
file " -verbose:gc -Xloggc:/tmp/gcOutput" , or you can add a timer MBean
to your server to  ping your VM.

RE: Tomcat memory alert (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted by Carlos Rule <ca...@cabinetuk.com>.
Thanks for your response.

I think you are probably right about it being an OS level issue. Is there
any third party software which monitors processes in this way?

I'm running Windows 2000 server, but not with Active Directory,
unfortunately.

Thanks!
Carlos