Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Jo...@lotus.com on 2001/12/01 00:09:17 UTC

Re: Understanding DTM

>In the D13 release will this use DTM

DTM is our internal document model API; it's the only way Xalan reads data
from XML documents these days, and some flavor of DTM will always be used.
The only question is which of several implementations of DTM will be
loaded, and the answer depends on where you're reading the data from.

In your case, since you're processing from a SAX stream, we'll use SAX2DTM.
This is the "native" implementation of DTM.

If you had passed in a DOM, we'd use DOM2DTM to wrap the DTM API around
your DOM.

The SQL extension also presents its results to Xalan via the DTM API.