Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/19 17:34:52 UTC

[report] Draft board report

Hi All:

I've been ill with the flu since Wednesday so this is report is almost
late. Your feedback is appreciated. I will submit it in a couple of hours.
Sorry about the late notice

Gary

- The Apache Commons project focuses on all aspects of reusable Java
components.

- The Apache Commons components are widely used in many projects, both
within
  Apache and without. Any ASF committer can commit to Apache Commons.

- The last report was for the meeting of December 20, 2017.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - The project is active with nine (9) releases this reporting period.

## Health report:
 - Most components in Commons are mature, but are still actively maintained
   (9 releases). The dev list is active. JIRA is active. Speed of responses
   to users is reasonable in most cases. We have no new PMC members, no new
   committers, and Commons is still open to any Apache Committer.
 - Previous growing pains toward Commons Math 4 might see resolution with a
   plan toward splitting off Commons Math into new components like Commons
Numbers.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 38 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Rob Tompkins on Fri Jun 30 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 146 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Sergio Fernández at Sat Nov 04 2017

## Releases:

 - COMPRESS-1.16 was released on Sun Feb 04 2018
 - COMPRESS-1.16.1 was released on Fri Feb 09 2018
 - DBCP-2.2.0 was released on Sun Dec 24 2017
 - PARENT-43 was released on Fri Jan 05 2018
 - PARENT-44 was released on Sat Mar 10 2018
 - PARENT-45 was released on Wed Mar 14 2018
 - RDF-0.5.0 was released on Fri Dec 22 2017
 - RELEASEPLUGIN-1.1 was released on Sun Mar 04 2018
 - release-plugin-1.0 was released on Tue Jan 16 2018

## JIRA activity:

Re: [report] Draft board report

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:34:52 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I've been ill with the flu since Wednesday so this is report is
> almost
> late. Your feedback is appreciated. I will submit it in a couple of
> hours.
> Sorry about the late notice

I can't help wondering how those statistics reflects a
project's state.
Can't the Board get an automated report with the numbers?
Shouldn't the human-generated report convey something
more/else about... the "community", and where it's heading?

Not for this report of course. ;-)

Thank you, and all the best with your recovery,
Gilles

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Our report has been submitted.

Gary