Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Biestro <hb...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/29 20:09:21 UTC

[CANCELLED] Release JEXL 3.0 based on RC1

I'm obviously unfit as RM.
Sorry for the mess, feel free to remove any offending tag/branch/code.
Regards.
Henrib

Re: [CANCELLED] Release JEXL 3.0 based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30 November 2011 06:56, Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> wrote:
> Le 29/11/2011 22:28, Matt Benson a écrit :

>>> I do not think so.
>>
>> +1.  I've only done the RM thing once, because it's such a PITA to get
>> things right.  This is one reason we need to release early and often,
>> simply so that the release process will become so trivial that we will
>> no longer fear it!
>
> +1 too.
> The release I made was on code considered clean and stable when I
> started. It took 6 RC before pushing it out.

+1
I've done lots of releases (mainly using Ant) and mostly get to at
least RC3 before the vote succeeds.

> You are quite close now, there was only one comment about the artifacts.

Sorry, but that's not strictly true - I also commented that the API
needs a review to avoid possible future compatibility issues.
I stopped reviewing the actual release after discovering the artifactId blocker.

==

I don't know why, but we mostly seem to have stopped sending out mails
before starting a release vote.
In the past, a developer would send an email to say "I propose to RM
Commons xyz in a few days" to give people a heads up.
This gives others a chance to pre-check the code/outstanding JIRAs
etc, and the release vote itself is more likely to succeed.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Henri Biestro <hb...@gmail.com> wrote: