Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/27 00:15:39 UTC

XML-RPC problems

I've noticed some varying results using the current XML-RPC plugin that I think are worth
mentioning for the new API.  I have not tested this with the Apache XML-RPC client yet, but the PHP client
and the only known COM client have had problems sending XML as a parameter for
inserting documents, XUpdate queries, etc.:  Xindice responds with an IndexOutOfBounds error.
Really small documents seem to work fine, but on larger docs this happens on almost every call.
I'm going to do some testing this evening with a TCP dumper to try to narrow it down,
but I think the safest bet is to send the XML as a base64 encoded string in the future
(I'm going to test this this evening also).

Also, I have been on the Apache XML-RPC mailing list for ~2 weeks and it seems pretty active
and very helpful.

Kurt

Posts

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry guys,  apologies for my last 2 posts:  the date was set to Feb. 26, 2002 so they'll probably
get buried in the Inbox...

Kurt