Posted to user@ant.apache.org by To...@smartstream-md.com on 2003/02/19 15:04:56 UTC

Compiling and building your own ant.jar

Has anyone downloaded the ant source and used it to build there own
ant.jar, the reason I would like to do this is so that I can put proper
error messages in and see where my build is falling over.

As anyone wrote a build.xml to compile and build ant, if so I would love a
copy.

Thanks for any Help Tony

Re: Compiling and building your own ant.jar

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Tony.Cavanagh@smartstream-md.com wrote:
> Has anyone downloaded the ant source and used it to build there own
> ant.jar, the reason I would like to do this is so that I can put proper
> error messages in and see where my build is falling over.
>
> As anyone wrote a build.xml to compile and build ant, if so I would love a
> copy.

Ah, we do use Ant to build Ant :-).

Build file is in CVS and included in the source distribution. I build an
ant.jar several times a day, most days (and nights). It is not that hard.

1. Checkout the source from CVS.
2. Obtain any libraries you want to support
3. build dist

or if you want to install directly into your ANT_HOME

4. build install (or install-lite).

Conor

Re: Compiling and building your own ant.jar

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <le...@tiscali-dsl.de>.
it is perfectly possible that you build your own ant.jar, you can download
the ant sources from CVS, they include a build.xml.
have a look at this link to see how to download the latest version of the
source code :
http://ant.apache.org/cvs.html
this one gives you pointers to zip files of ant 1.5.1 ...
http://ant.apache.org/srcdownload.cgi
this one tells you which libraries you will need
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#librarydependencies
put the external libraries in [ant -directory ]/lib/optional
===> they will be detected by the build.xml
this link tells everything about building ant
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#buildingant
Antoine