Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2007/09/03 16:45:20 UTC

[OT]: IntelliJ and Tapestry

Hi all,

I'm trying out IntelliJ, yet again, for my Tapestry development.  This time
I seem to be having a much more enjoyable experience.  What I haven't been
able to figure out is how to make files auto redeploy.

In Eclipse, I can set up Jetty Launcher to serve files right out of my
context directory.  Additionally, when I save a Java file, it gets
auto-compiled, so the .class file gets redeployed as well.  So, there is
never a problem in that environment.

In IntelliJ (7.0M2), I have to set up a facet that gets deployed, outside of
my context directory.  And saving Java files requires an explicit recompile
step, after which the file will be auto redeployed.

How are the IntelliJ users leveraging the non-caching of template files it
T4 or the auto reload of class files in T5?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: [OT]: IntelliJ and Tapestry

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
IntelliJ refers to its window as a frame, presumably because it is written
in Swing.  "frame deactivation" then means "when you switch the window".

--
Kevin

Re: [OT]: IntelliJ and Tapestry

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
hi,

Re: [OT]: IntelliJ and Tapestry

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Re: [OT]: IntelliJ and Tapestry

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Kevin Menard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying out IntelliJ, yet again, for my Tapestry development.  This time
> I seem to be having a much more enjoyable experience.  What I haven't been
> able to figure out is how to make files auto redeploy.
>
> In Eclipse, I can set up Jetty Launcher to serve files right out of my
> context directory.  Additionally, when I save a Java file, it gets
> auto-compiled, so the .class file gets redeployed as well.  So, there is
> never a problem in that environment.
>
> In IntelliJ (7.0M2), I have to set up a facet that gets deployed, outside of
> my context directory.  And saving Java files requires an explicit recompile
> step, after which the file will be auto redeployed.
>
> How are the IntelliJ users leveraging the non-caching of template files it
> T4 or the auto reload of class files in T5?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer