Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/06 13:50:25 UTC

Re: Searching xml contents

please correct me if I am wrong.
This mean that jackrabbit is not the best when it comes to storing and
searching xml. It can not be used as an xml database.
Is this right ??

AW: Searching xml contents

Posted by "Seidel. Robert" <Ro...@aeb.de>.
Hi,

you can use jackrabbit to store an search <insert random data type here> (also xml). But you are not able to perform complex queries like you can do in a database (joins, group by and such stuff) - it is working fine if you have simple criteria like "field = value".

Regards, Robert

p.s. don't use sql2 - "unoptimized" is an euphemism

This mean that jackrabbit is not the best when it comes to storing and searching xml. It can not be used as an xml database.
Is this right ??

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:21 AM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <sm...@pooteeweet.org>wrote:

> join support is quite unoptimized. in fact sql2 is quite unoptimized.
> we have a layer in our system that automatically checks if the query
> can be rewritten to an sql1 statement for this reason.
>
> regards
> Lukas

AEB treffen Sie im Juni auf diesen Veranstaltungen:
transport logistic | 4.-7. Juni 2013 | München
EXCHAiNGE | 18.-19. Juni 2013 | Frankfurt am Main
Weitere Informationen und Terminreservierung unter: www.aeb.de/events<http://logi4.xiti.com/gopc.url?xts=487638&xtor=AD-5-[aeb%20mails]-[link%20in%20mailsignatur]-[intext]-[e-mail-signatur]-[0]-[]&url=http://www.aeb.de/de/events/index.php>