Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2001/11/14 22:39:25 UTC

Re: How to handle large servlet output ot avoid a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi Toby,

Your problem is independent of Cactus. It is related to the JVM. When you
start a JVM, you specify on the command line the amount of memory you'd like
for it (the -ms64m and -mx64m parameters for 64mb). You simply need to
allocate enough memory.

The browser is not a java application. it explains why you do not see the
problem with it.

-Vincent