Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Paul Worrall <pa...@apcentric.com> on 2003/08/07 19:03:58 UTC

Help with using OJB with Tomcat

Hi,

Can anyone point me to documentation/info on configuring OJB with
Tomcat.  I have ran into a problem where two web apps running on the
same Tomcat instance that are supposed to use the same OJB cache seem to
get their own instances.  Therefore changes to data in one app are  not
reflected on the other.

TIA

Kind regards,

Paul Worrall
Architect | Director

Apcentric Limited

The Soft Science of J2EE Deployment

m: +44 (0) 77 1133 0213
w: www.apcentric.com <http://www.apcentric.com/>

Any opinions expressed in the email are those of the individual and not
necessarily of the company.  This email and any files transmitted with
it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.
It may contain material protected by attorney-client privilege.  If you
are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering to
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this email in error please notify the IT manager.

RE: Help with using OJB with Tomcat

Posted by Paul Worrall <pa...@apcentric.com>.
Hi Jason,

Yes the two apps were self contained.  I have tried to change this by
implementing a factory object in Tomcats GlobalNamingResources that
creates PersistenceBroker objects but have ran into problems casting the
object back once it returns from a JNDI lookup().  At that point I
thought there must be some documentation/info to hand hold me through
it.  Or, as you might be implying, an alternative way of configuring OJB
to be shared in Tomcat.

Paul W.

Do the two webapps have there own OJB instances (as in separate JAR
files, OJB.properties etc) in their own respective WEB-INF/lib,
WEB-INF/classes area?  Or are they using shared resources through
something like tomcat/common/lib?

Jason

Posted by Jason McKerr <mc...@nacse.org>.