Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org> on 2003/07/08 18:16:49 UTC

[vote] extend FOM_Request with remoteUser

Hi all

I'd like to propose an extension to the FOM_Request class with the property
'remoteUser'.

Use case
--------
The servlet container is configured for 'basic authentication'. The Flow script
needs the login name to map it to a User object.

Alternative
-----------
Use Input Module to pass the remoteUser to the Flow script

Rational
--------
I see it as a often used pattern to map a login name to a user object. I don't
see why a Flow script shouldn't have access to the Requests getRemoteUser
method directly through the FOM.

My vote is +1 to add the remoteUser property to the FOM_Request class.

Giacomo

BTW: I have the changes ready to be committed on my HD ;-)

Re: [vote] extend FOM_Request with remoteUser

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I'd like to propose an extension to the FOM_Request class with the property 'remoteUser'.

+1. remoteUser obviously belongs to the business logic domain.

Sylvain

Re: [vote] extend FOM_Request with remoteUser

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'd like to propose an extension to the FOM_Request class with the property
> 'remoteUser'.

+1 hadn't noticed it was missing

Geoff Howard

RE: [vote] extend FOM_Request with remoteUser

Posted by Ricardo Rocha <ri...@apache.org>.
> I'd like to propose an extension to the FOM_Request class
> with the property 'remoteUser'.

+1, your use case depicts a valid scenario

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@gmx.net>.
+1

I think we don't have to vote on this particular issue. I'm preparing
the vote on the complete flow implementation and will post it within the
next few hours.

Reinhard