Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bm...@daimlerchrysler.com on 2004/08/24 17:58:09 UTC

Date Validation

When I search the archive I get no results for the word "date" so here
goes.

I've been using the validation plug-in to validate the date format of
MM/dd/yyyy.  A new requirement is to allow the user to enter a date in one
of several formats(mmddyy, mm/dd/yyyy, and others).  Can the validator do
this or will I have to write my own validation?  I tried multiple
datePattern vars in the validation.xml but as expected only one worked.  I
don't have the javascript validation available because I'm using
ValidatorActionForm.  It seems like my options are to switch to
ValidatorForm or code javascript in the JSP.  Experienced opinions would be
appreciated as I'm learning as I go here.

Thanks,
Bart

mailto: bmf5@daimlerchrysler.com