Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 11:41:33 UTC

[m2][release-plugin] Release fails with aggregate Javadocs

Hi all!
I wanted to prepare the release for Tiles, but when it tries to create
the site, it fails with a dependency error [1].
The problem is that the "tiles-parent" pom contains the configuration
for the Javadoc plugin that aggregates the Javadoc of its modules.
When generating the site alone, the workaround is to run "mvn install
site", so that the artifact are installed and, therefore, available.
But during the release process this kind of workaround is not possible
(in fact, after the failure it is possible to run "mvn install" and
launch "mvn release:perform again" and everything works).
So my question is: is there a way to solve this problem? For example
by executing the "install" phase before the site generation, but I
don't know how to do it.
I am using Maven 2.0.5, Javadoc plugin 2.2, Release plugin 2.0-beta-4

Thanks in advance
Antonio

------

[1] <snip>
1) org.apache.tiles:tiles-api:jar:2.0.3

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tiles -DartifactId=tiles-api
 \
          -Dversion=2.0.3 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.tiles:tiles-core:jar:2.0.3
        2) org.apache.tiles:tiles-api:jar:2.0.3

Re: [m2][release-plugin] Release fails with aggregate Javadocs

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/3, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>:
> can we have the full log?

It's a bit difficult right now, since the builds are now in the
staging repository and the build terminates successfully for this
reason.
I know that you cannot help without the log. So the next time we (in
Tiles) will make a release, we will reopen the question.

Thanks anyway
Antonio

Re: [m2][release-plugin] Release fails with aggregate Javadocs

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
can we have the full log?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/3, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:
> The problem is that the "tiles-parent" pom contains the configuration
> for the Javadoc plugin that aggregates the Javadoc of its modules.

It seems that is a problem with the Javadoc plugin:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-116
I'll add a comment to explain that this is a problem also for the
release plugin.

Thanks
Antonio