Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/01/18 04:18:09 UTC

getResource problems (was: TODOs for the next release)

Bernhard Huber wrote:
<snip/>
>I think that the servlet implementation for getResource is somewhat wrong,
>it is a bad idea trying to getExternalForm() from an directory installed
>webapplication, hence trying first getRealPath(), and only if it returns
>null try using getResource(), yields okay
>
>For Win2K, WLS6.1, directory deployed Cocoon webapp,
>
>Changed not checked-in modified ResolverImpl
>
>        // Load the built-in catalog.
>        String catalogFile = params.getParameter("catalog",
>          "/resources/entities/catalog");
>        try {
>            String catalogURL = null;
>            catalogURL = this.context.getRealPath( catalogFile );
>            if (catalogURL == null) {
>              catalogURL =
>this.context.getResource(catalogFile).toExternalForm();
>            }
>
>With this changed ResolverImpl:
><snip result="ok for bernhard" os="win" version="2000" container="wls6.1"/>
><snip result="not tested" os="win" version="2000" container="tomcat3.2.3"/>
><snip result="ok for bernhard" os="win" version="2000"
>container="commandline"/>
>
>bye bernhard

Excellent work Bernhard. I added your patch to my
working copy and all is still well for me on Linux.
So i have now commited your changes.

Would others please please report any problems ...
1) use the sample "Entity Catalogs" from the Welcome page
2) run "build docs" and get past "catalog-test.xml"
3) run "build test" and pass the Catalog Resolver tests.
--David

RE: getResource problems

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]

> > > Output:
>
>  <snip exception log messages seen by everyone/>
>
> That is great to see that the catalog entity resolver is
> working for you all.
>
> These build test problems are another issue. Please see
> this thread ...
>  "build test" now fails with NoClassDefFoundError
>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101125588515081&w=2
> We must now solve "build test" problems before next release.

Done.

Vadim

Re: getResource problems

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.

RE: getResource problems (was: TODOs for the next release)

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Great work!

my os is w2k, Tomcat 3.3a.

So here are the results:

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
> >
> > Would others please please report any problems ...
> > 1) use the sample "Entity Catalogs" from the Welcome page
>
> Works.
Works

> > 2) run "build docs" and get past "catalog-test.xml"
>
> No problem.

Works

> > 3) run "build test" and pass the Catalog Resolver tests.
>
> Output:
>
> test:
>     [junit] Running
> org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.test.ResolverImplTestCase
>     [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/avalon/excalibur/testcase/ExcaliburTestCase
>     [junit] 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
>     [junit] 	at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
> tTestRunner.java:171)
>     [junit] 	at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
> tTestRunner.java:156)
>     [junit] 	at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
> estRunner.java:407)
>     [junit] Exception in thread "main"
>     [junit] Running
> org.apache.cocoon.environment.commandline.test.CommandLineContextTestCas
>     [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/log/format/Formatter
>     [junit] 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>     [junit] 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
>     [junit] 	at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
> tTestRunner.java:171)
>     [junit] 	at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
> tTestRunner.java:156)
>     [junit] 	at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
> estRunner.java:407)
>     [junit] Exception in thread "main"
>     [junit] Running org.apache.cocoon.util.IOUtilsTest
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.09 sec
>     [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.cocoon.util.IOUtilsTest
>     [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.09 sec
>     [junit]
>     [junit] Testcase: testNormalizedFilename took 0.09 sec
>     [junit] 	FAILED
>     [junit] expected:<http_/_/_> but was:<http_\_\_>
>     [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<http_/_/_>
> but was:<http_\_\_>
>     [junit] 	at
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
> estRunner.java:409)

Same exception here.

Cheers,
Carsten

RE: getResource problems (was: TODOs for the next release)

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: David Crossley [mailto:crossley@indexgeo.com.au]
>
> Would others please please report any problems ...
> 1) use the sample "Entity Catalogs" from the Welcome page

Works.

> 2) run "build docs" and get past "catalog-test.xml"

No problem.

> 3) run "build test" and pass the Catalog Resolver tests.

Output:

test:
    [junit] Running
org.apache.cocoon.components.resolver.test.ResolverImplTestCase
    [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/avalon/excalibur/testcase/ExcaliburTestCase
    [junit] 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
tTestRunner.java:171)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
tTestRunner.java:156)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
estRunner.java:407)
    [junit] Exception in thread "main"
    [junit] Running
org.apache.cocoon.environment.commandline.test.CommandLineContextTestCas
    [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/log/format/Formatter
    [junit] 	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    [junit] 	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
tTestRunner.java:171)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUni
tTestRunner.java:156)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
estRunner.java:407)
    [junit] Exception in thread "main"
    [junit] Running org.apache.cocoon.util.IOUtilsTest
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.09 sec
    [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.cocoon.util.IOUtilsTest
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.09 sec
    [junit]
    [junit] Testcase: testNormalizedFilename took 0.09 sec
    [junit] 	FAILED
    [junit] expected:<http_/_/_> but was:<http_\_\_>
    [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<http_/_/_>
but was:<http_\_\_>
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
estRunner.java:409)

Regards,
Vadim