Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Pranav Modi <pr...@lukup.com> on 2010/08/03 14:51:11 UTC

Cache hit happens only when origin server is shut down

I am using a EC2 AMI (Fedora) with TS pre-installed. There is a
problem with caching - The cache is queried only when the origin
server is shut down. Otherwise the OS is requested for the data even
if it is present in the cache. This does not happen with the TS
instance running on my local Ubuntu machine. The records.config file
on both systems are identical except for the server port.
That could be causing this?

Thanks,
Pranav.

Re: Cache hit happens only when origin server is shut down

Posted by Steve Jiang <sj...@apache.org>.
What is logged as the squid status code in squid.blog?  Is it
TCP_HIT/200 for the cached case?  What is the status for the other case?

--Steve

Posted by Jason <ja...@gmail.com>.
I would try to get that TS version updated, if i were you. Have you done
this already? What is in trunk or tagged recently is almost a light year
away from what was burned on that AMI.

I've been totally MIA and haven't been able to the AMIs updated with a
reasonable time till now.

Having said that, I'm working on a new AMI as we speak.