Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ray Allis <ra...@comcast.net> on 2004/02/13 04:36:09 UTC

[HELP]Exception when attempting to access the remote URL: http://xml.amazon.com/onca/xml?v=1.0

Please, can someone explain to me why the Proxy samples and the
SOAP samples can't find the target hosts when the Aggregation
sample seems to work just fine?

This is the error from the Proxy sample:

attempting to access the remote URL: http://xml.amazon.com/onca/xml?v=1.0

Running jakarta-tomcat-5.0.18 and cocoon-2.1_20040123231340.tar.gz on
SPARC Solaris 9 --- behind a proxy.  I put

JAVA_OPTS="-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myproxy -DproxyPort=myport"

in catalina.sh and the "Aggregation" sample then works, but SOAP and
this Proxy sample still can't find the external hosts.  The -Dxxx
line shows on the process status.