Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by jerome moliere <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/08 19:06:58 UTC

Problems with schema reverse engineer on Sybase 12.5.4 Solaris

Hi all,
I'm facing a strange problem while reverse engineering with the modeller my
schema living on a sybase host
(Solaris / 12.5.4).... It must be a tricky problem because Hibernate tools
have the same problem:
both tools are unable to see primary keys !!!! or any other kind of
relations (foreign keys)..

It's strange because with a ten lines program I can list  the primary keys
(same result as the sp_helpconstraint stored procedure)
greping through the code I can't find any  usage from the
DatabaseMetadata.getPrimaryKeys()? strange isn't it ?
I guess that there must a  better (unknown from me) while trying to do a
reverse engineer  from a schema ?

Any pointer/remark welcome
cheers
Jerome
PS:
excuse my poor english written

--
Jerome Moliere - Mentor/J
http://romjethoughts.blogspot.com/

Re: Problems with schema reverse engineer on Sybase 12.5.4 Solaris

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
This is the class that we are using. It does call "getPrimaryKeys(..)"

http://tinyurl.com/ylzfzb

Andrus

Posted by jerome moliere <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.