Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Savino, Matt C" <Ma...@questdiagnostics.com> on 2001/11/21 08:01:30 UTC

page numbering question

I need to separately keep track of and print out page numbers within a
sub-section of the master document. I could start a new page-sequence, but
the problem is that I have a master header which needs to show the running
page number of the entire document.

<<<< Page >>>>>>>

|-- Header ----------|
|-- Page 5 of 25 --|
|------------------------|

|-- Subsection ----|
|-- Page 1 of 6 ----|
|------------------------|

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

<<<< Page >>>>>>>

|-- Header ----------|
|-- Page 6 of 25 --|
|------------------------|

|-- Subsection ----|
|-- Page 2 of 6 ----|
|------------------------|

<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

Can FOP do anything like this? I hope I'm making myself clear. It would be
easy enough if I could manipulate <fo:page-number> to add or subtract a
fixed number. But I don't see this ability. Any ideas at all would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Matt

Re: page numbering question

Posted by Matt Savino <ma...@synergizethis.com>.
Thanks Arved. I was hoping to dig into my "Table Header (Continued)"
extension next week. Maybe I can tie this in as well.

-Matt

Arved_37@chebucto.ns.ca wrote:

> I've done a fair amount of the stuff related to pagination, so even though I am
> currently in Vancouver on vacation, and away from all of my reference stuff,
> off the top of my pointy head I'd say, No, I don't think you can do what you
> want to do. Because you would have to add or subtract to fo:page-number, and
> you cannot currently do things like that.
>
> However, I'd say that this is something that would make for a very nice FOP
> extension; sort of an enhanced page-numbering.
>
> Regards,
> Arved Sandstrom
>
> Quoting "Savino, Matt C" <Ma...@questdiagnostics.com>:
>
> > I need to separately keep track of and print out page numbers within a
> > sub-section of the master document. I could start a new page-sequence, but
> > the problem is that I have a master header which needs to show the running
> > page number of the entire document.
> >
> > <<<< Page >>>>>>>
> >
> > |-- Header ----------|
> > |-- Page 5 of 25 --|
> > |------------------------|
> >
> > |-- Subsection ----|
> > |-- Page 1 of 6 ----|
> > |------------------------|
> >
> > <<<<<<<>>>>>>>>
> >

> > <<<< Page >>>>>>>
> >
> > |-- Header ----------|
> > |-- Page 6 of 25 --|
> > |------------------------|
> >
> > |-- Subsection ----|
> > |-- Page 2 of 6 ----|

> > Can FOP do anything like this? I hope I'm making myself clear. It would be
> > easy enough if I could manipulate <fo:page-number> to add or subtract a
> > fixed number. But I don't see this ability. Any ideas at all would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > -Matt

Re: page numbering question