Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by me...@swen.io on 2023/10/20 10:05:45 UTC

API-driven Console Access createConsoleEndpoint

Hi,

does anybody using the new API-driven Console Access feature of Cloudstack?

https://www.shapeblue.com/api-driven-console-access/

I want to use a websocket session to send keyboard commands to the VM, but I
do not quite get it to work. I tried Postman to set up a connection, but I
get this error:

Error: Server sent a subprotocol but none was requested

I also tried https://www.piesocket.com/websocket-tester and I can establish
a connection, but I o not know how to send keyboard commands via this.

Thx for any help!

Best regards,

Swen

Re: API-driven Console Access createConsoleEndpoint

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Swen,

The UI certainly uses the API to generate/get the URL to launch the web-console. However, in order to use the API, the API call must be authenticated.

Regards.