Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/05/20 06:25:05 UTC

You are here HTTP header

Remember when we talked over 6 months ago about redirects when
the trailing "/" was missing?

The argument ended I think with Roy mentioning a HTTP 1.1 feature
that lets the server send back a header (URI: ?) that informs
the client of which document they are actually looking at.

This'd let a server do local redirects and then inform the client
of where the returned document resides.

Is that now in HTTP/1.1 and if so can we do something to support it?

Do current clients take any notice of this header?

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)