Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/16 02:25:24 UTC

[m2] continuum dashboard integration?

http://mojo.codehaus.org/dashboard-maven-plugin/continuum.html

I do not understand what is meant by first goal, second goal and third goal.

DO I need to setup a seperate Maven2 project in my default project group for
each goal?

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: [m2] continuum dashboard integration?

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Is there no person that is using Continuum in this way? I really do need
some help here please. I would really appreciate it...

RE: What is the syntax for entering pom url?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.
Thanks that worked fine.

   Sameh

Posted by Dragan-Sassler Dorin <Do...@arbeitsagentur.de>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I had fixed this by adding mvn BIN to my path:

*rc-sun66e.ut.dentegra.lab:/home/dapadmin$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/local/bin:.:/usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0_06/bin:/opt/maven/bin:/opt/oracle/oas/ant/bin
*

Then this started working.
Then I added another build definition, and not I start getting this error
again:

*2008-01-24 14:05:15,182 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  - Could
not find the executable 'mvn' in this path:*

It looks like continuum is loosing the $PATH information as there is no path
appended to the error. And now my notifier is not sending emails out:

*2008-01-24 14:23:53,424 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.codehaus.plexus.notification.notifier.Notifier:mail  - Same state, not
sending message.
2008-01-24 14:23:53,454 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO

On Jan 22, 2008 2:31 AM, <Ma...@t-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> 2008-01-21 12:03:17,856 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
> org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  -
> Could not find the executable 'mvn' in this path:
>
> I think that says enough.
> Check if the mvn is in the path. It could be that continuum runs as a
> different user with different env variables, at least under win32 this needs
> to be taken under consideration.
>
> Greetings
> Manuel

AW: [m2] continuum dashboard integration?

Posted by Ma...@t-systems.com.
Hi,
2008-01-21 12:03:17,856 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  - Could not find the executable 'mvn' in this path:

I think that says enough.
Check if the mvn is in the path. It could be that continuum runs as a different user with different env variables, at least under win32 this needs to be taken under consideration.

Greetings
Manuel

Ok, I tried to add site:site build definition just under my install build definition. Then at noon my build is suppose to kick off and here are mo
logs:

*2008-01-21 12:03:14,436 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Updated 185 files.
2008-01-21 12:03:14,558 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - Merging SCM results
2008-01-21 12:03:14,886 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - AlwaysBuild configured, building
2008-01-21 12:03:14,886 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - Performing action update-project-from-working-directory
2008-01-21 12:03:14,932 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO org.codehaus.plexus.action.Action:update-project-from-working-directory  - Updating project 'Delta Dental ESP DAP Master Project Object Model (POM)'
from checkout.
2008-01-21 12:03:17,589 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  - Performing action execute-builder
2008-01-21 12:03:17,856 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2  - Could not find the executable 'mvn' in this path:
2008-01-21 12:03:18,142 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.utils.shell.ShellCommandHelper:default  -
Executing: /bin/sh -c 'cd /home/dapadmin/continuum/working-directory/6 && mvn -P documentation -e -Dbuild.type=documentation -
Dcontinuum.project.lastBuild.state=2 -Dcontinuum.project.nextBuild.number=2"-
Dcontinuum.project.group.name=Delta Dental ESP DAP Master Project Object Model (POM)" -Dcontinuum.project.lastBuild.number=1 site:site'
2008-01-21 12:03:18,145 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.utils.shell.ShellCommandHelper:default  - Working
directory: /home/dapadmin/continuum/working-directory/6
2008-01-21 12:30:00,025 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutor:repository-scanning  - Executing task from queue with job name: repository-job:snapshots
2008-01-21 12:30:00,060 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.scanner.RepositoryScanner:default  - Walk Started: [snapshots] /home/dapadmin/archiva/data/repositories/snapshots
2008-01-21 12:30:00,061 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.archiva.repository.scanner.RepositoryScanner:default  - Walk Finished: [snapshots] /home/dapadmin/archiva/data/repositories/snapshots
2008-01-21 12:30:00,061 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.TaskExecutor:repository-scanning  - Finished repository task:

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
*What happens:*

1. i added 3 separate goals as stated in the URL I was given.
  * |--> 1st goal run clean install site
   |--> 2nd goal dashboard-report:dashboard
   |--> 3rd goal site:deploy*

2. I have the default schedule set to hourly.
3. The default schedule kicked off the 1st goal of clean install site
*4. build was successful (only 1st goal was run)*
5. Continuum did nothing else for 1 hour.

if I run 3 separate commands as per each goal above, the dashboard and site
deploy works fine.

*What I expect:*

   1. *1st goal runs successfully.*
   2. *then, 2nd goal runs successfully*
   3. *then 3rd goal runs successfully.*
   4. *then continuum stops until next SCHEDULE.*

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.