Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Caceres <te...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/28 21:04:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache not working

Hi,

I installed (typical) apache 2.0.55 using the msi file (I'm running Windows
XP Home).  I assume you need to have your wireless internet disabled in
order for the server to work properly?  Just in case, I have it disabled and
type in http://localhost and it doesn't go to the proper apache page.  I saw
an earlier post and tried using "ServerName 127.0.0.1" instead of
"ServerName localhost:80", but this doesn't work for me.  The htdocs folder
has a bunch of index.html.* files but no index.html file.  If it needs the
index.html file, where can I get it?  Thanks for your help!

Chris

Re: [users@httpd] Apache not working

Posted by Chris Caceres <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply Boysenberry.  I was still having problems and noticed
the book I was reading uses version 1.3 of Apache so I uninstalled
2.0.55and installed the old version and it works now.

Chris

Posted by Boysenberry Payne <bo...@humaniteque.com>.