Posted to user@tez.apache.org by "Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore)" <pr...@nsn.com> on 2014/05/19 07:31:06 UTC

Tez - Hive query Application not killed

Hi

If I run a hive query with Tez as engine then in Application Tracker - I see application(or JVM)  created for the query execution is  not getting killed immediately after the query execution. It takes about 5 minutes to kill the application .
While this application (orJVM) holds some amount of heap memory as well.  Also I noted for each query execution new application (or JVM) is getting created.  It seems there is no reuse of application/JVM , then why it is consuming time to kill the application/JVM after query execution?

Thanks and Regards
Prabakaran.N  aka NP
nsn, Bangalore
When "I" is replaced by "We" - even Illness becomes "Wellness"

Re: Tez - Hive query Application not killed

Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com>.
If its for AM timeout, you might want to setup
"tez.session.am.dag.submit.timeout.secs".  Default value is 300 seconds.

~Rajesh.B

--
~Rajesh.B

Re: Tez - Hive query Application not killed

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
hiveserver 1 or hive server 2 ?

--
Nitin Pawar

RE: Tez - Hive query Application not killed

Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <ra...@gmail.com>.
"tez.am.container.session.delay-allocation-millis" parameter should help in
tweaking the timeout. You can try setting to 1000 (1 second)

~Rajesh.B

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Natarajan, Prabakaran 1. (NSN -
IN/Bangalore) <pr...@nsn.com> wrote:

>  Hi
>

> Thanks for the reply.
>

> How can we configure Tez Session’s internal timeout ?
>

> *Thanks and Regards*
>
> Prabakaran.N  aka NP
>
> nsn, Bangalore
>
> *When "I" is replaced by "We" - even Illness becomes "Wellness"*

~Rajesh.B

RE: Tez - Hive query Application not killed