Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <ms...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/29 17:45:46 UTC

what happened to builds?

The http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds directory seems to have
vanished. Does anyone know what happened to it? Farid, you've
been adding some builds lately. Did you happen to move it?
(I use the build logs every now and then for reference.)

Martin

Re: what happened to builds?

Posted by Farid Zaripov <fa...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin.

On 29.02.2012 18:45, Martin Sebor wrote:
> The http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds directory seems to have
> vanished. Does anyone know what happened to it? Farid, you've
> been adding some builds lately. Did you happen to move it?
> (I use the build logs every now and then for reference.)

   Due to mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013 (see
http://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html#svnpubsub
also there was an email in infrastructure mailing list about that, the
list is not archived, but you can read this email
here: http://tinyurl.com/7vf9kmq) the stdcxx site directory on
people.apache.org will not be rsync'ed anymore (since
resolving my JIRA issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4324). On other words if
something should be
published on stdcxx site (http://stdcxx.apache.org/) it must be
committed to the svn to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stdcxx/site/ directory.

   The same change will be applied to the dist site. The release
uploading procedure will be changed from
http://apache.org/dev/release.html#upload-scp to
http://apache.org/dev/release.html#upload-ci.
I have created corresponding INFRA request:

So http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds is not available until this directory
will be created on svn at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stdcxx/site/builds.

   I have moved the old content of the builds directory to my home
directory and you can access that files at
http://people.apache.org/~faridz/builds/

   I'm thinking on how to deal with that build results and how to
regularly update them with the results from
https://builds.apache.org For example we can just commit the all content
of builds directory to the svn, but
I'm not sure that it is ok to commit 5 Gb of the data to the svn.

Farid.