Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com> on 2004/10/25 20:17:34 UTC

Re: trouble starting geronimo from Maven

David Jencks wrote:
> you need to declare the namespace up at the top of maven.xml with a
> line like this:
>
>     xmlns:deploy="geronimo:deploy"

Thanks, David. I figured that out right after I sent the message.

Now I'm stuck on the following error:

$ maven -o demo

<the server starts up here>

demo:
     [echo] server has started
12:13:39,174 INFO  [ConfigurationManagerImpl] Loaded Configuration
geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/Client"
12:13:39,345 INFO  [ConfigurationManagerImpl] Loaded Configuration
geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/ClientSystem"
12:13:39,535 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration
org/apache/geronimo/ClientSystem
javax.management.MBeanException: null nested exception is
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not create a
deployment context for the app client
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not create a
deployment context for the app client

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Invalid GBean
configuration for geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/Client"
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentContext.java:124)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARContext.<init>(EARContext.java:54)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.client.builder.AppClientModuleBuilder.addGBeans(AppClientModuleBuilder.java:332)
         ... 75 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
Invalid GBean configuration for
geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/Client"
         at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.Kernel.startGBean(Kernel.java:279)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.<init>(DeploymentContext.java:122)

     [echo] distributed ejbs
Module is already running or may not be deployed: org/acme/MagicGBallBean

I'm running this stuff from within the applications/magicGball directory
and I can't find the directory/repository that's being created. If I
could find that I could see whether the magicGBall app has been deployed
already, remove it and try to redeploy. Where shoudl this directory be
created?

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\\@4VYY9&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: trouble starting geronimo from Maven

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Bruce Snyder wrote:
> I'm also still trying to figure out where the directory/repository
> should be created. Anyone?

	Do you mean, the directory to hold the deployed application?  Look
at config-store/index.properties.  It will tell you which numbered dirs
under config-store correspond to which deployed services or applications.
If your app is not listed in config-store/index.properties then it didn't
get deployed at all.

	You might try commenting out the app client module from the
META-INF/application.xml if it's just a problem in the client container.

	You also might look at the stack trace and make sure it's not just
a missing dependency.  You get errors that look like the one you quoted if
some required JAR is not present in the repository, and embedded somewhere
within there it would have a complaint that some JAR was not found.

Aaron

Re: trouble starting geronimo from Maven

Posted by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com>.
Aaron Mulder wrote:

> 	Does Magic G ball include an application client?  It looks like
> the error is coming in trying to deploy the client container
> configuration.

Yes, there is a client and it has an application-client.xml descriptor.
I'm guessing that it's generating the client container config
on-the-fly, but I'm not sure.

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.