Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Brian Federle <Br...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/10 20:13:30 UTC

New Quickview UI

Hello all,

I've just completed work on a new quickview feature that was mentioned here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Apache+CloudStack+UIX

This was to improve usability and functionality to the table view. I will be checking this feature in today.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

RE: New Quickview UI

Posted by Brian Federle <Br...@citrix.com>.
Actually I am planning to implement some sort of multi-row actions functionality. To start it will be just for basic VM operations, i.e, start, stop, destroy, reboot.

It may or may not be in the next immediate release, depending on the level of difficulty to implement, and if there are any performance implications for handling a lot of simultaneous actions/AJAX calls

-Brian

>I've just completed work on a new quickview feature that was mentioned
>here:
>
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Apache+CloudStac
>k+U
>IX
>
>This was to improve usability and functionality to the table view. I
>will be checking this feature in today.
>
>Any feedback is appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Brian

+1

I'm digging quick-view. Is this going to incorporate a way to multi-select and quick-operate (mass stop/destroy/start) vms?

RE: New Quickview UI

Posted by "Kelcey Damage (BBITS)" <ke...@bbits.ca>.
+1 the quickview will make life so much easier!

KELCEY DAMAGE
Infrastructure Systems Architect
www.backbonetechnology.com
kelcey@bbits.ca

address: 55 East 7th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5T 1M4
tel: +1 604 713 8560 ext:114
fax: +1 604 605 0964
skype: kelcey.damage

Re: New Quickview UI